Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I THOUGHT WRONG.

Yesterday wasn't actually just any average day. After posting my previous blog, we got a call from my uncle. He told us that my grandpa was rushed to the hospital. He was one of the 13 people caught up in the accident yesterday in Makati. He was on his way home from work. Yeah, at 83 years of age he still works. We went to the hospital right away.

On the way there, I can help but think of horrible things that might have happened to him. When we got to the emergency area, we were not allowed to get in. Even my dad. Too much shit from those crappy guards and management. One by one, they allowed the family members to go see the patients. My pop got in first. I was PATIENTLY waiting outside for some news and for my uncles to come. Hearing from Kuya Noel(a good neighbor from Cavite who helped grandpa) that grandpa's left leg got broken along with his right wrist, my world crashed. I don't know what to do. I wanted to get in -- badly. We did not tell grandma about it, fearing she would go hysterics and all. After so many hours, I was allowed to see him. It was my mom's turn actually but I told her I'd go in. CRITICAL 4. That was his place or stall or whatever. Seeing him in that condition, broke my heart. TERRIBLY. I cried. The usual me. I am so thankful that God spared his life. He needs to see me graduate first. That was his promise. I was trying hard not to cry when I was there by his side. Sadly, my eyes betrayed me. It couldn't hold the tears I was suppressing. I kissed my grandpa on his right cheek like what I always do everytime I see him. I love him so much.

At 1 o'clock today, he will be having a surgery. A metal blah will be inserted to hold the bones back in place. I hope the operation goes well.

I LOVE YOU LOLO.

2 comments:

- said...

horrible news. =|

hope the operation goes well, lion.


raar.

insouciantraconteur said...

thanks panda.